Lunch #1

October 19, 2012
Not a good cook, I am.

Orang lain boleh la campak-campak ingredients, masak, rasa, hidang, sedap. Me? Campak ke cik tong la jawabnya.

To cook I need a recipe, instructions on how to get around and cook the dish. I need at least 80% of the ingredients listed to make it work.

'Agak je' never existed in my dictionary. Maybe because I am an engineer, so when the recipe said a cup, a cup it is or 8 ounces. Never 'agak-agak' because if I do, disaster ensues. Either follow the measurement or its precise equivalent.

So when hubby said he was craving for ayam masak merah with biryani, straight away I turn to myrecipes.

Ayam masak merah pun tak tahu buat? Ya, saya tak berapa tahu. Mak saya sangat jaraaaang buat hidangan ni and the last time I tried replicating her recipe, it doesn't taste good. -_-;; Furthermore I don't have santan in hand, neither do I have kulit kayu manis and its siblings.

So. Myrecipes recipe it is. Thanks to the user, Choppy, my ayam masak merah turn out okay and edible, albeit missing slices of ginger. To be honest it tasted good too, not as tasty as my mom's but at least, on par with the one I bought from kedai makan.

As for briyani, I had the instant rempah in the pantry for ages so I used that and saved half of my time preparing the dish. Why not kan? Senang pun senang. Cepat pun cepat. :P

Here is the outcome. Doesn't look that bad, huh?

Nasi 'bujang' je. Tak sempat nak buat kuah, Haifa mengamuk.



Cik Atun: Asal kenyang sudah. Haha.

No comments:

Do jot down your opinion! ^^

Feel free to use any information or images you found in this blog but do credit properly! Thank you. Powered by Blogger.