Weight Issues

I am VERY aware that I am expanding a bit too much lately. It is embarrassing to say this, but a colleague at my office asked me if I am pregnant because of my protruding stomach. Ouch. Only because she was saying it with a happy tone (she and my mum are the same age), I didn’t feel that upset. I just let out an awkward laugh. Ha ha. T__T

Couple of friends pointed out that my cheeks looked too puffy lately too. Again, I let out an embarrassed laugh. Moreover, without fail, I will blame my high level of contentment since I am married to my husband for my weight gain.

Actually, I had been struggling to keep my weight in check way before before I got married. My BMI back then was 24.1 and by reducing my calorie intake, I managed to lose only 2 kgs before my big day and drag my BMI down to 23.5 (to calculate your BMI, click here). Not much, but good enough. At least I looked okay in my kurung and kebaya modern during the reception.

I had been trying to lose weight since then, but after getting married I am always stuffing my face with foods. My husband and I are self-proclaimed foodies so we eat a lot usually. Cakes, pizzas, sates, deserts, you name it. We ate them all.

We both gained a LOT of weight in this mere 6 months. En Q gained several kilos too, but since he regularly exercises, his weight gain can still be controlled.


But me? OMG. I had health related issues couple of months before and exercising is actually forbidden for like, 3 months. And during that period, I kept eating and eating.

My current BMI is 25.4, which means I am now OVERWEIGHT. I am trying to reduce my calorie intake, but to no avail! T___T

Since my health improved lately, I am telling myself to exercise and eat moderately. I don’t know how this will turn out, but we will see.En Q is totally against slimming drink/pills, so consuming any slimming product is a big no-no.

It won’t be an easy task, but I will try our best. En. Q will try his best too (right cayang?).




Cik Atun: We can do it! Aja aja!

No comments:

Do jot down your opinion! ^^

Feel free to use any information or images you found in this blog but do credit properly! Thank you. Powered by Blogger.