Hati Bengkak.

January 18, 2011
Crime Scene

In front of Bangunan Perak Darul Ridzuan (Bangunan SUK), Ipoh.

Witness

Cik Atun and countless other motorists and drivers.

Suspect

Unknown but she was certainly a she. Yes. A she. Positive.

Evidences

Exhibit 1 - White Suzuki Swift with Wilayah's plate number.

Exhibit 2 - Cult of Law sticker at the rear window. Can't tell the university name because it was printed too small, as oppossed to the big letters CULT OF LAW enjoyed. Meh.

Exhibit 3 - Graceful (?) fingers peeking out from the rolled down window holding a plastic lidded cup of iced cappucino or whatever iced beverages they served in Starbucks.

Exhibit 4 - The suspect was wearing big shades, fancy shawl and beyond that I cannot see.

Witness Testimony

It was a very hot day. I was on my way from the General Hospital to my office, driving my humble but very useful Myvi. I was driving safely as there were so many other motorists and drivers on the road. The time was a quarter before 2, so the condition was very much expected.

The road I was travelling had 3 lanes. One for other vehicles to turn left and proceed to Ipoh's Pekan Lama and the other two were straight ahead, heading towards the court, KTMB station as well as Bulatan Bahagia.

I was driving on the middle lane, minding my own business when this white, shiny and dare I say, almost brand new Suzuki Swift swiftly drove past thorugh my car and suddenly nudged her way into my lane.


[Your honour, can I switch to my mother tongue for the rest of my testimony?]

[Permission granted]


Sudahla tak bagi signal, main masuk ikut suka hati macam bagus. Kalau ye pun dah masuk salah lorong, tolonglah bagi signal. Sudah patah ke those graceful fingers nak turn on signal anda tu. Kalau dah takmau guna, tanggalkan je daripada kereta anda yang comel molek tu. Daripada ada tapi tak guna.

Ke sebenarnya anda tu sibuk sangat waving that cheap plastic cup with Starbucks brand in the air, hoping someone will notice and say,

Oh, how cool is that lady! She's drinking Starbucks...!

[Hati membara]

Wey, hello! Aku tak heranla ko setakat nak pakai Suzuki Swift yang berharga kurang daripada RM80 000 tu. Kalau ko setakat nak bagitau the world;

I'm a lawyer. I'm successful because I can drive a 2010 model of Suzuki Swift. I am cool because I drink Starbucks whatevercino.

Tolongla buat perangai macam ni di mana pekan itu engkau yang punya. Tak payahla di tengah-tengah jam macam ni, nak buat perangai tak senonoh macam ni. Aku pun perempuan jugak, aku pun ada kerjaya.

Tolonglah. Buat malu jer.


[Miss Atun, the court need you to speak in English again because you just swore in your mother tongue.]

[I'm sorry your honour, I will not do that again. I choose to speak in Malay because I felt comfortable that way, venting my anger.]


Nasib baik selepas memandu di hadapan kereta aku untuk lima minit, engkau membelok masuk ke Mahkamah Tinggi Ipoh. Kurang sikit darah tinggi aku.

Bak kata mak sedaraku,

Tak perlu nak berbangga dengan kereta mahal di dunia, kerana akhirnya nanti, kita akan bergerak di dalam keranda jua.



Cik Atun: Mulakan dengan bahasa Inggeris kerana ingin mengelak daripada mengeluarkan kata-kata yang kureng sedap didengar. Kerana tak pandai nak naik angin dalam bahasa Inggeris. Tapi nak buat macam mana. Hati sudah membara.

5 comments:

  1. btl3.. akhirnya kita akan same jugak sume menaiki keranda...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ai hampir2 terkene begini semalam kat KL la....WaddaTETTTTTTTTTTT punya drebar bedebah sungguh....ai sgt mrh on that time..ai jerit kat dia..ai cakap..kalo calar fender aku..muka ko yg aku calarkan balik....muahahahahhahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. huhu.. semua org ade pengalaman yang hampir sama kot... tapi tak dapat tidak.. semua orang akan mati satu hari nanti. tak payahla nak berbangga sangat kalau pakai kereta mahal...

    that's the moral of the story mory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha.. i enjoyed reading this..! classic..!

    oh, u shud be thankful u live in Ipoh (r u..?). if u wer in KL, ur life span will be shortened almost immediately, everyday! ppffftt...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life span shortened? Urghh... that's why I prefer to work in Ipoh rather than KL area. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Do jot down your opinion! ^^

Feel free to use any information or images you found in this blog but do credit properly! Thank you. Powered by Blogger.