Fire Alarm

January 05, 2011
Malaysia, in general, is certainly not the worse when it comes to safety awareness. But if I had to compare the practice here with one of the least known capital city in the UK (read Cardiff), I think Malaysia (or Ipoh, more specifically) has a very loooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go.

Why am I writing about this?

Well.

The fire alarm went off approximately at 11 a.m. at my office. Upon hearing the alarm, I grabbed my phone and wallet, which were on my table and dashed out as quick as I can possibly be.

Imagine my dissappointment when I opened the door.

Alarm ni betul ke apa ni?

That was the first question I heard from a colleague. She was standing there with her palms on her hip.

I certainly didn't blame her. Adding this morning's happening, there were 4 false alarms in the span of 3 weeks!

Quoting another colleague,

Kalau asyik macam ni, bila jadi betul - betul kebakaran kang kita buat tak kisah je.

Oh well. I give her my two cents.

Kalau betul-betul jadi, dah rentung la kita ni.

I remember I had to run for my life when a fire alarm goes off in a shopping mall in Cardiff. Because everybody does. Turn out it was a pratice done by the fire brigade. And they confirmed that not a single soul was left inside.

I wonder when will we achieve this level of safety awareness.



Cik Atun: Should I yell FIRE! when the false alarm went off again? I wonder...

No comments:

Do jot down your opinion! ^^

Feel free to use any information or images you found in this blog but do credit properly! Thank you. Powered by Blogger.