Venturing into Korean Skincare: Part 2

July 25, 2013
Ok. If you missed Part 1 here is.

And so I list down the products I need.

Cleansing oil/cream
Exfoliator
Cleansing foam
Toner/freshener
Essence/serum
Emulsion/lotion/moisturiser

I was thinking, I can live without exfoliator for the time being. As for essence/serum, let’s just try Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair once again. There’s no need to change my moisturiser since mine worked perfectly. So I just need a good cleansing oil/cream, and cleansing foam.

Which led to skincare products haul #1.

Real Art Cleansing Oil by Etude House
Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam by Innisfree
with 2 samples of Cotton Fit BB Cream by Etude House



These costs around... RM60++.

I am definitely out of my mind. I used to be so stingy! T_T

But to tell you the truth, cleansing foams usually are very harsh on my skin. This foam from Innisfree is no exception. But the beauty of this so called double cleansing method I tried was, it made foam cleanser tolerable! I think it must be the moisturizing properties of the oil which prevented my face became too dry (you know it's dry when your face feels tight after washing).

In fact, my skin felt okay. No tightness. A little bit of stinging at first but no more after few usages. I think my skin is adjusting well to the cleanser properties. *fistpump*

Seeing first hand how good my skin looks after a week of double cleansing (which is done at night only, in the morning old routine is faster), I think it’s time to purchase exfoliator and freshener/toner.

So I am out of my mind again when I purchased these babies. ^_^;; Haul #2.



Wonder Pore Freshener by Etude House
Ignore Goodbye Pore Ever Primer by Etude House. Gonna talk about it in other post.
And samples! Wheee!!!

SkinFood's Best-Seller: Black Sugar Mask Wash Off

You know what. I spent RM50 for all of these products (including the primer) and I am HAPPY! Even though they kinda break my wallet for the month. Now you know why and how my budget blows. Hahaha...

I used these babies as soon as they arrive and God, I am happy I purchased them. Placebo effect or what not, I don't care. So, my skincare routine before sleeping is like this.

Cleansing oil using Etude House Real Art Cleansing oil
Exfoliation using SkinFood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off (twice a week)
Cleansing foam using Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Toner/freshener using Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner
Essence/serum using Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
Emulsion/lotion/moisturizer using Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion

I woke up with hydrated and supple skin, even if the air conditioning was blasting till 4 a.m. in the morning. Yippieee! As for morning routine, in the shower, I'll use b.liv no spots by dots before stepping out. Finished showering, I quickly use Wonder Pore Freshener and slap on my trusted moisturizer. And I am done. 

My skin looks good nowadays (or is it just me?) without dry patches or God forbid, dry flakes. ANR didn't break me out this time and I was wondering if I used it in the right way now, compared to before. But it is really a relieve because you know how much ANR costs. Retails at RM259 for 50 ml. Even if I only bought sample size, money spent is still spent and I hated spending for something that doesn't work.

If I had to point out the downside of this skincare routine, I hated the fact that I am running out of my moisturizer twice as fast. Urghhh.

I wonder if I need to buy a sleeping pack. Time for another haul? *run away*



Cik Atun: To be honest, I made 5 hauls if I included make up products as well. XD No wonder I am so broke this month.

No comments:

Do jot down your opinion! ^^

Feel free to use any information or images you found in this blog but do credit properly! Thank you. Powered by Blogger.