almightyturtles.blogspot.com

July 27, 2013
One is never enough.

Greed is something you can control most of the time (hopefully). But there will be moments when you can’t really control them. No matter how hard you reasoned with yourself.

I think it is an open secret that I view impulsive buying = greedy in my family. I am a stingy person, and if you are reading this blog right from the start…. I guess you know just how cheapskate I can be. I guess it’s a good thing though. Money saved.

But I do have weaknesses in form of impulsive buying, which is driven by pure greed. There were sooooooooooooo many things I bought impulsively and although they were usually cheap (like a pink stiletto I got in the UK), I will use them for a while (I mean like, once or twice). When I am bored with them, I’ll just put them at the corner to rot away.

Such a waste.

And this “bad habit” includes buying skincare / makeup products too. In the end of the day, if I care to pile them all, I think there will be this pile of products unused / used-once-only-because-it-didn’t-work. There were so many of them, and some doesn’t come cheap. For example that particular BB cream from TheFaceShop, which made my face look like a cake. XD

So to suppress that greediness and impulsive shopping, nowadays I will be searching on the internet for reviews and reviews of products that caught my eye which was begging ‘pick me up, pick me up’. Before, I might be like screw-it-I’m-getting-this and just go to the counter and paid for it.

Thanks to online shopping, reading reviews had become a staple for me, before purchasing any products. In my previous posts I stated I am into Korean skincare right now, so for every single thing I bought… you can’t imagine how many reviews I read about them. 10 or maybe 20? It took lots of time (or course) but it sure worth it. I didn’t spend on something I didn’t like / didn’t work and thank God for the existence of beauty bloggers and other blogger as well.

So far, I preferred reviews from regular bloggers, which bought and tried the products themselves since beauty bloggers were usually sponsored, so in my humble opinion, there would be a certain degree of biasness (and is that even a word?) when it comes to review. But hey, I didn’t say reviews from beauty bloggers aren’t good. One thing I discovered though, if a beauty blogger said she loves a product and raved about it, the chances of the product being good is very high. And if the tone of the review is just so-so (even if she/he said few good thing about the product), then it’s actually not really working for them/not that good.

(This is getting long, what am I doing)

So… today… I am going to be honest here. The long winded paragraphs up there is what I wrote to do a review on a product I bought during my mini hauls. But then I lost inspiration and I was like, let’s postpone writing this to another day. Then I went back to Chrome and typed “Tony Moly Cat Chu Wink Lip Tint Review”. After clicking on so many links and reading, I stumbled across Jenny’s almightyturtles blog

screencap of her blog! I was reading about her. I am not stalking, okay?

I was like okay… let’s read. *eyes reading, mind computing*

Then I saw “10 ways to use Nature Republic 92% Aloe Vera Soothing Gel”. Excited was such an understatement. Why am I excited? I am eyeing for this product for ages (was thinking of buying in my next haul, ^^). Just imagine, 10 ways and more… how much money can I save by replacing numerous products with this gel alone? *think about it yo*

I think (IMHO) she got a knack writing reviews so I followed her blog privately at first. I am not good with words, and I usually try to be friendly online but people tend to ignore my Qs so yeah. I found it useless asking Qs or recommendations while the blogger doesn’t even make an effort to reply. That explains why I usually privately following another blog internationally and tend to be a silent reader.

But then, the temptation and greed… *haha*. I sounded like such a selfish person. But I am not, in reality, okay? I am just a firm believer of this quote.

Chances don’t approach you; it’s you who approach chances.
- Toba Beta

So when I saw her first international giveaway I thought, let’s just try my luck? Why not? Besides, Jenny got wonderful, WONDERFUL (can’t stress that enough) line-ups of products! Looking at them made my eyes shine too *_*. I must admit she really know how to take pictures. Her pictures are gorgeous. You must see her post Living In China – An Update. Wonderful pictures. I kind of hope I can take that kind of pictures too but God gracious me. It is almost impossible.

As for the giveaway, I think I should do that in a separate post. This is getting longer than I expected.

Nice to read about you Jenny. Keep on reviewing products so that I can buy them too. XD



Cik Atun: Whew.

No comments:

Do jot down your opinion! ^^

Feel free to use any information or images you found in this blog but do credit properly! Thank you. Powered by Blogger.