Happy Syawal!

August 28, 2012
It’d been a while since I last posted (minus Salam Kekasih Di Hari Raya post, it’s scheduled! Ha!). I missed the blog but workload has increased 100% before Ramadan – in fact, I am busy still after raya. Everything needs to be done before ‘the’ ledger closed, sudahnya pening-pening lalat dibuatnya.

Anyway, enough rambling.

I hope raya season are treating you well because mine was fabulous, albeit tiring. This is the first time I spend 1st Syawal as a mother (I was expecting last raya, barely entering second trimester) and boy, wasn’t it so hectic!

Luckily we are not at our home, we are in Penang for raya session with hubby’s mom’s side. I didn’t even cook rendang or ketupat (lemang jauh sekali lah kan..) so I felt a bit sorry to hubby. Heee.. even if we are to spend the first day at home, I don’t think I can manage to. Maybe a pan-full of rendang can lah… but ketupat? *shivers* I never tried even the instant ones…

That aside, our princess behaved well even in scalding hot weather. I felt sorry looking at her macam cacing kepanasan in her baju kurung so after 2 hours she was already in singlet and shorts. She was sweating like crazy even then, I wonder whose genes she inherited *point finger to hubs*.

We were back in Ipoh in the evening, and the next morning it’s time to raya with my dad’s large family side! Like every other raya we did sukaneka and makan-makan, mainly for bonding with each family members, more so when my grandma’s health lessening. She’s 84 this year and I can see she’s getting frailer each single day that it’s painful to watch. But I know, every single person will age and one day I will age too (Insyaallah if Allah’s willing). Hopefully by then, like my grandma, I still have my kids around me and also have my hubby by my side too. Amin.

Raya ketiga we were all over the floor at home, like punctured tyres, badan tak larat sebab asyik travel. Luckily Baby pun tak banyak ragam, so we slept almost all day. Heeee… that night the work starts all over again. My dad’s family decided to serang our house (since we moved in just before raya), so I ‘imported’ my mum and sisters to help preparing dishes to welcome them.

En. Q and I planned to don our beautiful baju raya again on that day but the plan went into the drain. Huhu. Tak sempat nak buat apa!!!! Dengan Baby mengamuk nak tidur lagi, aduhai… Luckily my mum is there for me. She took over the hostess part whenever I went inside our room to soothe Baby from her cries. Only by the time the guests were leaving, she went to sleep. *Big sigh*

The next day we were off to Ampang, raya dekat rumah nenek (ibu kepada bapa mertua). And there I found KL was rather lively like it’s not a raya week (I thought it will be half empty, haha!). Eating this and that, Baby refused to sleep and meragam, we experienced all sort of thing. Petang tu jugak we sped back to Ipoh and Baby slept all the way much to my amusement. Haih la anak… nak tidur dalam air-con rupanya.

Then sedar tak sedar, the week passed just like that, in a blink of eye. Tau-tau Isnin datang, terpaksa pergi kerja dengan hati tak rela. Baru 3 hari tak masuk kerja dah berlambak. T_T

But whatever it is, raya tahun ni memang berbeza dari tahun sebelumnya. I felt blissful even though tak properly ‘raya’ dengan husband and my mertuas and also my parents.

Thank you Allah for this experience and hopefully there will be many more to come, Insyaallah…



Cik Atun: Takde gambar nak tepek sebab tak sempat nak ambil gambar pun. Huhu.

No comments:

Do jot down your opinion! ^^

Feel free to use any information or images you found in this blog but do credit properly! Thank you. Powered by Blogger.