Book: Me and Mr. Darcy

August 17, 2011
Disclaimer: This is NOT an advertorial.

I am a fan of romantic comedies stories since quite some time, although my preference usually runs to historical romance most of the time.

I came across this Alexandra Potter book, Me and Mr. Darcy during a book fair while I was out dating with En. Q before we got married. While I was really itching to get my hands on the book, the price just put me off (I don’t know why books prices in Malaysia is so expensive! Especially books from UK or even US).

Imagine my surprise when En. Q handed me the book the next time we met, which was like, three weeks after. I was ecstatic, of course, being a book lover there is nothing you would love to receive but a book you wanted to read so much but too stingy to buy it on your own (ha-ha. Now I realised I am indeed very thrifty).

It was one of my favourite books, although some hard-core Jane Austen fan called it an outmost letdown. But to be perfectly honest, while this book is based on Jane’s popular Pride and Prejudice, it is more like a take of the writer herself about the perfect Mr. Darcy everyone was swooning for.

Meet Emily, a single 29 year old from New York who joined a bunch of old ladies for a trip to England, where Jane Austen had live her years which is the town Bath (I went there once, and it is not that hard to picture Jane living there. Cobbled streets were still intact and used till this very day!).

While tracking down Jane's life, Emily was confronted by a young but hot-tempered journalist, Spike, who was a complete opposite of Mr Darcy's perfect gentlemenly ways. They bickered constantly, although at times Emily could see eye to eye about his somewhat bitter comments about Mr. Darcy.

Emily had the chances to meet the 'real' Mr Darcy while on tour led by Miss Steane. She wqs confused of course, but after spending a quality time with him she realised the man she thought a perfect man might not be that perfect when translated into modern day life.

The story was light, fun and zippy, so it is a recommended chick-lit. I don't want to spoil the ending so you better grab one and found out yourself! Happy reading. ^^


Hearts: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

No comments:

Do jot down your opinion! ^^

Feel free to use any information or images you found in this blog but do credit properly! Thank you. Powered by Blogger.